Friday, March 5, 2010

advocacy...

GRAPHITE AND ACRYLIC

GRAPHITE AND COLORED PENCIL

The issues of social injustice, particularly child slavery and sexual trafficking which are prevalent all over the world, have grabbed a hold of me. My heart was touched for these issues when I traveled to Cambodia and the Philippines two years ago. There are more slaves now then ever before in history, yet not many people are aware of the seriousness of these atrocities. There are ways to get involved through organizations such as International Justice Mission, Love146, amnesty international, and World vision. I believe these things can be restored, it is a matter of more people getting involved and raising awareness. I have felt God calling me to advocate for these issues through my art. I have not come to a complete conclusion of how I will go about this what I will say through my pieces, but I am excited for the part I am able to play in the redemption of child slavery an sexual exploitation.

No comments: