Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Assisi

Oh yes we went to Assisi too! A couple of my friends mentioned that they might be going to Assisi on a day trip a couple weeks back. Not knowing it was only a couple hours away, I had never considered it. The famous place where Saint Francis came from and Paul visited during his travels. Oh am I ever glad I did...

It was absolutely beautiful! Not only was it nestled in a hill town on the Roman countryside, it still possessed an atmosphere unlike any other place I have been in Italy. 

 Sarah and Linds on the train ride there...
the beautiful Franciscan Church where the tomb of Saint Francis is housed...

the two A's...Allora and Andrew

cute old man on his bench
setting up for the holidays...not only were their tons of little christmas shops, the smell of roasting chestnuts lingered in the air...

me on our hike up the hill...the view was amazing!

olive pickers...

No comments: